Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Strawberry Nectarine No Bake Cheesecake


Well, I thought I'd try my hand at no bake cheesecake as it is too hot outside to turn the oven on. I thought it turned out okay. I didn't let it firm up over night which would have helped a lot and I even think this would have been great frozen. Next time.  I also made it in my new 7 inch spring form pan, but it was FULL.  I think if I would have made more crust and moved it into an 8 inch pan it would have helped a little.

Ingredients
15 Ginger Snaps turned into crumbs
2 T. butter
12 oz. cream cheese softened
1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. strawberries
1 nectarine, peeled
2 t. vanilla
1 c. whipping cream, whipped

Directions
  1. Combine the crushed cookies and butter in a 7 inch spring form pan and press firmly and evenly into the bottom and sides.
  2. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 5-8 minutes. Allow the crust to cool completely before adding filling.
  3. Beat the cream cheese until smooth, then slowly add the sugar and vanilla. Beat mixture until well blended.
  4. Using your hands, squish the nectarine.  It will release a lot of juice.  Add all juice and pulp to cream cheese mixture.  Mix well.
  5. Mix in strawberries.
  6. In a clean chilled bowl, beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form.
  7. By hand, fold in the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
  8. Spoon filling mixture into crust.
  9. Chill or freezer overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment