Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Rhubarb Cake


 While trying to figure out what I should make for this week, my mom brought down 8 cups of rhubarb.  I decided I should probably find something to make with that.  I started searching and found that you can really make a lot of things with rhubarb.  This recipe was simple enough and I had all the ingredients to make it.  It turned out pretty well.  I chopped the rhubarb really fine, and I think it could be a much courser chop to get good taste of rhubarb.  I also think it could have used a little more rhubarb.  Perhaps 2-2 1/2 cups.  It was really good served with some cool whip.

Ingredients
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter
1 egg
1 c. applesauce
1 t. vanilla
1 t. soda
1/2 t. salt
2 c. flour
1 1/2 c. rhubarb chopped
1/4 c. sugar mixed with 1 t. cinnamon

Directions
  1. Cream together sugars and butter.  Add in egg and vanilla.
  2. Stir in applesauce, soda, salt and flour.
  3. Spread into 9x13 pan and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
  4. Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment