Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Breakfast Rolls

So, Brandon and I were talking about my quest to find a good cinnamon roll recipe. He told me that he really prefers these breakfast rolls that I make and had pretty much forgotten about. Normally, I make these with frozen dinner roll dough from the grocery store, but being my year of baking, I made the dough.

Thanks to Brandon for getting up before me, these were baked and ready to go when I got out of the shower. Nothing says, "Happy Anniversary" more than a super yummy breakfast already made!


As you can see, it turns into this wonderful ring of pull apart rolls with drippy caramel all over. So yummy! Perhaps Brandon is right, maybe I don't need to find the perfect cinnamon roll recipe.

Instructions
Dough
1/2 c. warm water
1/2 c. warm milk
1 egg
1/3 c. softened butter
1/3 c. white sugar
1 t. salt
3 3/4 c. flour
1 (.25 oz) pkg breadmachine yeast

Breakfast Rolls
1 (3 5/8 oz) pkg of cook and serve butterscotch pudding
1/2 c.  butter
3/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 t. cinnamon
1/2 c. nuts (optional)


Directions
  1. Place all dough ingredients in bread machine and run on dough cycle.
  2. Take dough out of bread machine and divide in half.  Keep dividing the pieces in half until you have 32 little rolls.  (If using frozen rolls, use a pkg of 24)
  3. Dip rolls in butterscotch pudding powder and place in a well greased bundt pan.  Pour remaining butterscotch pudding powder over the rolls.
  4. Melt butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts (if using).  Cook until sugar is deissolved and it is bubbling, ~1.5 min in the microwave.  Stir well and pour over rolls.
  5. Cover with greased foil and place in fridge overnight.  (If using frozen, leave out on counter top overnight)
  6. Cook at 350 uncovered for 20 minutes, then cover with foil for remaining 15-20 minutes.  Make sure rolls towards center are fully cooked.
  7. Let stand 5 minutes, then invert on serving dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment