Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cheesecake


Bags are packed to head to the hospital very bright and early tomorrow, so this picture will have to do taken with my iPod. I cut this recipe in half and then made it in my 6 in spring form pan. It turned out great. The only thing was that it was a little too lemony, but I'm pretty sure that had something to do with me trying to halve it and then not really measuring the lemon juice...whoops! The consistency of this cheesecake was great, and I liked that it was a nice and tall cheesecake. Can't wait to make more things in my new spring form pan!

Oh, and no I was not baking the day before giving birth to my third son, this is a make a head and freeze it recipe.  Worked out quite well.  I baked it, cooled it, and even put it in the freezer to get quite solid.  I then removed if from the spring form pan, and wrapped it in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil.  It worked our wonderfully, and took up a lot less space in my freezer without the pan.

Ingredients
1 c. graham cracker crumbs
2 T. brown sugar
1/4 c. melted butter
4 - 8 oz packages cream cheese, room temp.
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 T. cornstarch
2 t. vanilla
8 oz sour cream
2 t. grated lemon peel

Directions 
  1. Combine the first three ingredients; press into the bottom of 9-in. springform pan and bake at 325° for 6 minutes.  Cool.
  2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar; mix well.
  3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
  4. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth.  Add to cream cheese mixture.
  5. At this point, mix as little as possible to fold in sour cream.
  6. Add lemon peel to filling; pour into crust.
  7. Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until center still jiggles. Do not overbake. The center should not be completely set when removed from oven.
  8. Cool thoroughly on a wire rack and then chill overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment