Sunday, January 30, 2011

Banana Bread

I've made my fair share of banana bread over the years, but today, Aiden helped me make it. I found a new recipe online that didn't add all of the extra spices, so I thought, why not?

Now the recipe told me to bake it for 60 + minutes. I checked mine at about 50 minutes and it was already a little over done, but that only seems to mater on the ends. On the long sides, it actually tastes kind-of sweet. Next time, I would certainly bake it for less time. Other than that, it tastes great. I don't miss all of the spices that are normally in banana bread. The kids love eating this with a little peanut butter on it. I hadn't tried that before, but that was quite tasty as well. Enjoy!


Ingredients
2 cups unbleached white flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas
    Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
    2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
    3. Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
    Makes 12 slices - 230 calories each.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment