Tuesday, January 4, 2011

English Muffin Bread

Over Christmas, my Aunt and cousin told me about English Muffin bread and how great it is. What would possibly be a better first loaf of bread for 2011. I think I was right. Look at this.


Look's good - doesn't it?


The inside looks just as good. As Brandon says, "It actually tastes like an English Muffin!" Of course, we had to try it right away. I can't wait to toast some up for breakfast tomorrow. I have a feeling that we are going to make a lot more of this bread.

Ingredients
1c. milk
1/4 c. water
1 Tbs. cornmeal
3c. bread flour
.25 oz bread machine yeast
3 t. sugar
1 t. salt
1/8 t. baking soda

Directions
  1. Warm milk and water to 125 degrees. Lightly grease 1 loaf pan; sprinkle cornmeal in pan.
  2. With mixer, mix together 1.5 c. flour, yeast, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Mix in milk mixture and beat well. Stir in remaining flour a little at a time dough forms. 
  3. Place dough in in pan and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 50 minutes.
  4. Bake in 400 degree oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from pan immediately and cool.
Makes 10 slices - 170 calories each.

No comments:

Post a Comment