Thursday, January 27, 2011

Blueberry Bread

This week has been crazy, so I thought I'd try a quick bread. I always have frozen blueberries in the freezer, so I went looking for a recipe. Here's what I found.

All in all, it's okay. It does seem a little dry, but when I cut into the center, it wasn't fully cook, so I can only imagine what it would have turned out like had I baked it longer.  I'll be looking for another recipe later this year.

Ingredients 
2 eggs
1 c. sugar
1 c. milk
1 t. vanilla
3 Tbs canola oil
3 c. flour
1 t, salt
4 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
1 c. frozen blueberries

Directions
  1. Mix together eggs and sugar.  Add milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
  2. Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
  3. Combine wet and dry ingredients, mixing as little as possible.  Fold in blueberries when mixtures is close to being combined.
  4. Pour into greased loaf pan.  Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment