Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ham Balls

Does it count as baking if it goes in the oven and I use my cookie scoop to form them - I think so! Many people have asked me for my ham ball recipe, so I thought I'd throw it out there for everyone to enjoy. I made 60+ balls, so they feed a lot of people, but they also freeze well to pull out on a weeknight. Hope you enjoy these as much as my family does!


Ingredients
5 lbs ham loaf (or 3.5 lb ground ham and 1.5 lb ground beef)
3 eggs
2 c. milk
3 c. graham cracker crumbs
1 t. mustard
3/4 c. vinegar
2.5 c. brown sugar
2 cans condensed tomato soup

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl, combine ham loaf, eggs, milk and graham crackers.
  3. Using large cookie scoop (mine was 3 Tbs), scoop ham loaf into balls and put into into large roasting pan, or a couple 9x13 pans.  You want the sides of the pan to be slightly higher so the sauce doesn't boil over.
  4. Mix together mustard, vinegar, brown sugar, and tomato soup in another bowl.
  5. Pour evenly over all ham balls.
  6. Bake for about 1 hour, until centers reach 160 degrees.

1 comment:

  1. I love this recipe!! I'm glad I got it for you! I didn't know that you had this blog!! Love it! :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete